Financial Reporting Manager (12 month contract)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Contract, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 19 Apr 18 2018-04-19
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Financial Reporting Manager to join our Global Fund Administration & Reporting (GFAR) team for 12 months in Edinburgh to ideally start in early June.
What is the GFAR group responsible for?
This team provide core services for our UK and Irish domiciled funds; this includes audit, statutory reporting, regulatory reporting and board reporting. As Financial Reporting Manager, you are responsible for the timely and accurate delivery of financial and periodic reporting for UK and Irish domiciled funds. Your will also build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external parties and provide a high quality service to external fund Boards.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Financial Reporting Manager?
- Oversee and support the production of semi-annual and annual financial reporting for Investments Trusts, OEICs and other reporting documents, ensuring these are accurate and in accordance with regulatory and client requirements
- Coordinate and support external and internal audits, ensuring successful audit outcomes
- Prepare and present materials to external and internal Boards ensuring the highest standards of quality and accuracy
- Help the team in resolving complex accounting issues and queries occurring within the fund
- Keep up to date with all relevant accounting requirements and regulatory changes impacting the funds
- Oversight and monitoring of fund expense budgets and fund distributions
- Ensure the teams work is completed timely, accurately and according to procedures
- Drive team to identify and implement continuous improvements
- Represent GFAR in cross divisional projects as subject matter expert, and may lead department level projects
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree ideally in Accounting or Business related subject
- Qualified Accountant preferred (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience of managing a team within a financial reporting environment
- Experience in financial reporting within asset management including detailed understating of UK mutual funds
- Strong understanding of technical accounting standards (IFRS/GAAP) and mutual fund industry regulations
- Ability to work independently with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills and an ability to communicate complex matters to a variety of stakeholders
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.