Front End Engineer - Video Advertising
DESCRIPTION Vivid is Amazon's exciting new dynamic video advertising solution. The team is seeking a talented and passionate front end engineer to join the product development team in our Edinburgh office to create innovative, visually stunning and effective video advertising experiences.
We are looking for an engineer to join our friendly, international team in central Edinburgh. You will work as part of a small agile team, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global video advertising business. Our self-service products are accessible to those without expert video knowledge. We succeed by growing the number of advertisers that choose Amazon due to the effectiveness of our products in achieving their marketing objectives.
As an engineer, you can be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems which meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We're looking for engineers who can delight customers by continually learning and inventing. From day one, you'll be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience with object-oriented design
• Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or related technical degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Understand view layout and rendering technologies (e.g. responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Understand the importance of testing front end components with experience of creating unit and integration tests.
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of front end system design, interaction with back end APIs, and performance/security considerations.
• Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with high levels of ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and to mitigate risks early. Able to decompose problems into clear software and UX design actions.
• Knowledge and experience of video design and rendering technologies is desirable.
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable.
• Experience providing technical leadership.
• Experience of mentoring and training other engineers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a long-standing top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.