The Fund Governance Team provides a lively and exciting environment for a fund and investment specialist to operate within. Comprised of a small team of experts, we sit in the middle of a range of business-as-usual and project driven investment change processes to ensure that the design of fund strategies, large scale transactions and other changes that affect our customers investment are appropriate.
The Fund Governance Team provides a lively and exciting environment for a fund and investment specialist to operate within. Comprised of a small team of experts, we sit in the middle of a range of business-as-usual and project driven investment change processes to ensure that the design of fund strategies, large scale transactions and other changes that affect our customers investment are appropriate. Day to Day we deal we face off to a range of internal and externals partners such as asset managers, trustees, operational teams and compliance specialists.
Here's what we want you to do!
- Maintain expert understanding of the issues faced in the day to day management of our fund range and pro-actively find solutions to changes arising from sources such as regulation, internal appetite, external market conditions and corporate activity.
- Collaborate with appointed fund managers and internal partners to plan and monitor large scale transactions arising from fund optimisations, regulatory changes, proposition and fund structure changes.
- Review and challenge issues relating to fund performance, fund risk positioning, breech activity and other data to confirm funds are being managed within mandate and intent.
- Debate, decide and defend to internal and external audiences the rationale for investment choice, investment change or day to day management choices.
- Provide analysis and recommendations to senior decision makers in relation to issues arising across the full range of equity, bond, property, cash and absolute return funds operated by Scottish Widows.
Do you have these skills?
- A comprehensive understanding of the fund environment and the technical understanding of a wide range of front office considerations
- A relevant investment qualification (CFA, IMC etc) or working towards
- Experience of fund regulation (COLL, FUND, AIFMD) gained in a practical environment
- Experience presenting to governance committees, boards or review forums on investment issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of partners and subject matter specialists
Our Benefits Package
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
Together we make it possible!