Global Manager - Wholesale Functions
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 May 18 2018-05-16
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks.
All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Hold Global responsibility to oversee and ensure senior management within Wholesale Functions (Systems, Data, ISR and Transaction Processing Operations) effectively identify, quantify and manage the Operational Risk profile of their business as well as ensuring they operate a robust 1st line control infrastructure and discharge their mandated OR responsibilities and adhere to the ORMF
- Hold responsibility for ensuring that the Wholesale Functions understand their roles and responsibilities with regards to operational risk and that all material risks are identified, measured, reported and ultimately managed within the risk appetite of senior management
- Engage in key change management initiatives to ensure that operational risk exposure is considered and addressed.
- Operate in a global team and supporting framework for monitoring, oversight and relationship support of staff in Americas, EMEA and APAC
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Extensive industry experience in a corporate / investment banking institution.
- Understanding of advanced operational risk frameworks in major financial services firms
- Strong knowledge of the control environment surrounding corporate / investment banking
- Experience within an Operational Risk role within a corporate / investment banking is beneficial
- Candidate would need to be a team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills and confidence to deal with senior staff to sell the benefits of OR management and challenge their operating environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AN4V
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.