Global Risk Systems Manager
This position is located within our Edinburgh office and has primary responsibility for supporting the 2nd line of defence risk team within FNZ.
The position will maintain the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) systems and will be the business SME in for the development and operation of these. GRC is a core component of FNZ's Risk Framework and is integral in delivering the requirements of our enterprise wide risk management policies.
This role will act as the gatekeeper for the GRC with oversight of users, reporting and data integrity while delivering training and support to the wider enterprise and operational risk second line function. A key aspect of the role will be working with the wider risk teams to determine and implement risk reporting within the system, creating automated workflow and delivery for specific tasks.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include the following:
• Oversee the management of all aspects the operational risk systems, to ensure that the business needs, client needs and regulatory expectations are met
• Development of the risk systems to ensure that the business needs are being met, including the management of key stakeholders within the business Designs, develops, runs and evaluates data reports to support risk assessment and reporting to committees and ad hoc reporting as required
• Troubleshoot to find solutions for technical challenges, in a cost effective and efficient manner
• Work with service providers to deliver technical solutions to challenges, including managing the various service providers
• Manage system upgrades, to ensure that regression testing allows the business comfort for implementing changes
• Manage fixes as these are deployed, to ensure that regression testing provides business comfort for implementing changes
• Manage the accounts and finances of the system providers to ensure that the budgets are met
• Develop a succession plan for the role to allow a seamless future transition
You will report to the Senior Risk Manager and be part of the operational risk team, (which is part of the wider Group Risk and Compliance Function).
The role will allow the candidate to develop compliance and risk capabilities and will involve day to day interaction with employees throughout the business. Experience Required
You will have experience in managing a risk management database driven information system. Your experience and skill set should also include:
• Significant experience within operational risk;
• Experience in financial services industry;
• Significant experience of GRC systems, ideally RSA Archer
• Ability to review and interpret data quickly and accurately;
• Experience of preparing and presenting data for management consumption;
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills essential;
• Flexible and resilient, with the ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
• Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
• Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.