HR Payroll Analyst
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
The EMEA Payroll team sits within the HR function and works within an outsourced operating model with two payroll service providers across the region. As a result, the Payroll team is responsible for managing the vendor relationships, flow of data and queries between BlackRock, those payroll vendors, and employees, as well as internal projects and initiatives. The team works with the vendors to ensure BlackRock employees receive their compensation timely and accurately, in full compliance with all payroll laws and regulations. Payroll interacts with many parts of the organization, including key internal HR partners as well as Finance, Corporate Tax and Treasury. The team is also responsible for ensuring that payroll transactions are booked correctly on the General Ledger.
The Payroll team is looking for someone to work as part of the team in managing the process with the outsourced Payroll providers. This involves responsibility for country specific payrolls, including auditing payroll transactions, reconciling funding, directing employee queries and ensuring all post payroll tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Manage specific country payrolls as required
- Collate and prepare all data inputs
- Review payroll for errors and ensure all inputs have been processed
- Reconcile gross pay and investigate unbalanced items
- Ensure all deductions processed according to inputs
- Maintain appropriate checklists to ensure vendor and BlackRock payroll follow agreed upon processes and controls
- Complete post payroll tasks including liaising with Compensation Accounting on unreconciled items
- Arrange payroll disbursements to employees and tax authorities.
- Manage team mailbox
- Participate in monthly payroll reviews with vendor and ensure proper handling of issues
- Participate on department projects as required
- Relevant payroll or finance experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Strong analytical skills that enable candidate to recognize and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and excel in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, in an organized manner, and adhere to strict completion deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Second language beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Organized approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to continually changing environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.