Head of Data Technology in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as Head of Data Technology
What you'll do
- This is a chance to join us as Head of Data Technology, leading a key part of Data & Analytics in delivering smarter, consistent bank-wide data use
- It's a high-profile role, which will see you helping to shape one of the most disrupted and disrupting areas of financial services
- With your leadership, we'll be able to make better decision making, improve processes, understand our performance, solve problems and ultimately shape our future
Joining our Data & Analytics team, you'll be leading the design and implementation of the domain aligned to the bank's future operating model and supporting design and delivery of technology innovation and solutions. These will support Data & Analytics and the bank to achieve its strategic objective.
We'll look to you to simplify the data fabric, responding to our ever-changing digital environment, while using enabling technology to create seamless customer journeys across the customer lifecycle.
Key aspects of your role will include:
The skills you'll need
- Leading, motivating and inspiring teams of 100+ people
- Leading all aspects of data engineering
- Owning the development and implementation of the bank's approach to customer decisioning to support every customer through every contact channel, inbound and outbound, across all customer franchises
- Progressing organisation design and developing a recruitment strategy for the data technology organisation to make it market leading
To join us in this role, you'll need to have subject matter expertise in financial services, which will include cloud, data science, bridging business and technology gap, large scale transformation design and execution. It's crucial that you have the leadership and technical capability to develop your team, while maintaining operational delivery and delivering large scale transformation.
To succeed in this role, you'll also bring:
- Experience of data platform implementation using latest technologies
- An internal and external voice, representing us in industry forums
- Influencing skills at senior board level
- A background of operating complex technology platform in financial services
- Strong leadership skills
- A customer focused approach
- Excellent organisational skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.