IFRS9 - Senior Business and Data Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 16 Apr 18 2018-04-16
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks.
All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The IFRS9 - Senior Business and Data Analyst will report to the IFRS 9 Process and Controls Manager and is responsible to work closely with the regional business teams to monitor their ongoing data requirements and helping to identify data gaps and sources.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake data analysis and helping assess data quality, gaps and sources
- Interpret and manipulate large data sets, and perform data modelling
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders and other HSBC teams (i.e risk analytics teams) to understand data requirements
- Running working groups with regional teams
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of IFRS 9 and the IFRS 9 impairment process or alternatively of RWA/stress testing processes
- Proven experience in a Data Analysis role with programming skills, Excel and data manipulation of systems interfaces
- Proven ability to take ownership and accountability
- Good interpersonal skills - ability to engage with stakeholders if needed whether business or technical
- Track record of working through the project life cycle
- Solid and flexible team working attitude
- Focussed on delivering to timelines, providing timely progress updates
- Ability to work collaboratively on-site and with remote sites
- Willingness to support and occasionally cover some Test Management activities, as required
- Ensure compliance to Group policies and governance and controls framework
- Strong ability to build and manage relationships across a range of seniorities
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AG4U
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.