IFRS9 - Senior Process Consultant
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks.
All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Global Risk team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The IFRS9 - Senior Process Consultant will report to the Manager IFRS9 - Impairment Process and Controls, and assist to coordinate & manage the end-to-end impairment process and manage key interactions with other related teams (i.e. Group Risk Analytics, Forward Economic Guidance, Finance and Stress Testing teams).
In this role, you will:
- Ensure smooth running of a new Operating Model and Governance process introduced for IFRS 9
- Ensure compliance to Group policies and governance and controls framewor
- Ensure the team are performing Review and Challenge activities for key regions in a timely manner
- Build and manage relationships across a range of seniorities
- Work with Group Risk Analytics teams to understand credit risk methodology's relating to IFRS 9
- Coordinate activities with Stress Testing, Sovereign Risk & Forward Economic Guidance Teams
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Understanding the IFRS 9 impairment process or alternatively of RWA/stress testing processes
- Understanding of financial reporting controls and SOx processes
- Understanding of Finance & Risk processes at HSBC or a Global Bank
- Ability to a provide a proactive focus on risk/issue identification and mitigation, recognising where MI should be escalated for further review
- Promote a culture of control awareness and best practice across the IFRS 9 impairment process
- Ability to effectively work with global and regional teams in Risk, Finance and relevant Transformation functions
- Capability to provide adequate challenge where necessary
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities across the impairment process
- Relevant professional qualification, or relevant advanced degree
- Ideally experience of credit risk management and/or measurement
- Communication with senior stakeholders, e.g. lead technical discussions, prepare executive-level commentary and technical papers etc.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000AG5T
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.