IT Audit- Senior Auditor
- £55,000 + Package
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Gresham Hunt
- 17 Aug 18 2018-08-17
Gresham Hunt a working closely with a leading Banking client based in Edinburgh to help with the build out of their IT Audit function. This role sits as a senior Auditor covering both Infrastructure and Applications Audits across different business.
In this role, you'll provide robust, challenging insight and assistance on key audits.
You will be expected to carry out the following:
- Using your platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way
- Working with the wider team in mapping out processes and assessing risks and controls
- Gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to test effectively
- Analysing and reviewing risk information, helping to identify key business risks and working in collaboration to produce a final report
- Compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight to business heads to adequately manage their risks
- Gaining experience in project management, where you'll drive the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasion, coaching auditors
- Sometimes leading on engagements which may be complex in nature
Key skills for the role:
- You'll have auditing experience and sound analytical skills, along with the ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important. You'll also need a strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls.
- You'll also need to be CISA qualified.
- Internal audit or risk management experience
- Experience of auditing technologies
- Experience with auditing infrastructure and security components including platforms such as UNIX, Mainframe and Windows, and databases such as Oracle and SQL
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
- Confidence in managing relationships with business stakeholders