IT Services Support Manager
Amazon's Central IT Support team provides highly-available remote support for Amazon employees worldwide. The team provides support for all used client applications, operating systems, email, VPN, mobile devices, and common collaboration services such as SharePoint and Exchange. Our customers may engage us via phone, chat or trouble ticketing.
This position has responsibility for managing one of the EMEA based Central Support teams in Edinburgh. You will manage local resources and support the global team to define the perfect customer experience and own the strategies to create that experience. You will help the group develop and leverage their knowledge base to expedite the resolution of recurrent issues. You will identify ways to proactively reduce support requests through automation, documentation, and process improvement. You will set high standards for issue handling, escalation and problem management across the organization and guide the team with metrics and goals that clearly measure their success.
The successful Central Support manager will be an excellent communicator that finds innovative ways to improve the customer experience. You will work alongside a group of leaders to define the priorities and track the metrics and key performance indicators within the organization as a whole. You will hold service owners accountable to resolve issues on behalf of your customers driving to root cause. You will also guide the team in on-boarding the support of new applications into the remote support function as well as increasing the level and depth of support the team can provide for existing applications, removing operational burden from engineering teams.
• Leading a team of Remote Support Engineers. Recognising inefficiency and driving process improvement to enhance the productivity of all Amazonian's.
• Coordinating a variety of projects in a highly operational environment.
• Working with engineering teams to plan for the support of new tools and services and improving the level of support provided for existing ones.
• Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service.
• Hiring, developing, and retaining great talent.
• Reducing contacts through process improvement and root cause analysis.
• Responding to inquiries, escalations, and establishing partnerships with key customers and service owners. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years experience managing a medium enterprise client support team (IT helpdesk, service desk support preferred).
• Proficient communication and business acumen and the ability to ensure a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
• Proficient technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations. This includes the ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
• Proven ability to operate in an extreme high pressure dynamic fast paced situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
• Robust troubleshooting and strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability required.
• Skills and proven record in leadership and management.
• An understanding of enterprise IT systems such as Exchange and Active Directory, as well as exposure to a wide variety of technical products and issues. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Ideally you will be degree educated and hold professional qualification relating to ITIL, and Microsoft and be able to meet the basic qualification requirements. Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.