Join us as an Infrastructure Analyst
What you'll do
- In this critical role, you'll be maintaining service for the web platform within RBS, ensuring its operational health and covering all aspects of service, risk, cost and people
- You'll be supporting the platforms' operational stability and technology performance, including maintaining any system's utilities and tools provided by the platform
- This is an opportunity to learn a variety of new skills in a constantly evolving environment, working closely with feature teams to continuously enhance your development
- Once trained in your role, you'll be joining an on-call rota, to fully support the bank as part of the Web Services team
As an Infrastructure Analyst, you'll be providing input to and supporting the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps, while supporting change demands from domains or centres of excellence. You'll be supporting the delivery of a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms.
We'll look to you as a representative of the Web Services team as you apply your technical knowledge to resolve a range of incidents and problems, all in a timely manner to reduce delays.
Your role will involve:
The skills you'll need
- Problem solving and performing incident management and platform maintenance
- Contributing to the platform risk culture, making sure that risks are discussed and understood at every step, and effectively collaborating to mitigate risk
- Participating and seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform infrastructure, architecture, services and customer solutions, guarding against introducing new complexity
- Building relationships with platform, domain and relevant cross-domain stakeholders
- Making sure that controls are applied and constantly reviewed, primarily against SOX, to ensure full compliance to all our policies and regulatory obligations
To succeed in this role, you'll need to be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level. You'll need a solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration. And you'll be team orientated and customer and process focused.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
- Knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment
- Experience of IIS, Windows Servers, HTTP(S) and SSL
- Previous exposure to systems management software such as Tivoli and SCOM
- An understanding of operational principles
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills