Infrastructure Engineer in Edinburgh | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as an Infrastructure Engineer
What you'll do
- In this high profile role, you'll be responsible for the Data Centre Network environment, including the solutions for the bank that align with the overall technology goals
- In order to achieve a first-class customer experience, you'll make sure that the project deliverables can achieve the customers' goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership
- After you're trained in your role, you'll be joining an on-call rota system to fully support the bank's needs
- We're offering a competitive salary as well as flexible working for this role, including the opportunity to work from home full time
- This role opens for applications on Wednesday 4th November and closes on 1st December 2020
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you'll be engineering technical infrastructures for departmental applications and services. You'll be working on service or change initiatives, ensuring their availability and maintaining, managing and deploying technology infrastructure on behalf of either the function or investment projects.
This role will see you operating as part of a DevOps team, working on service, change and engineering initiatives, to ensure service availability and to maintain, manage and deploy Data Centre Network infrastructure on behalf of either the Technology function or investment projects.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Providing technical leadership across the Data Centre Network platform and partner resources working in a DevOps and Agile manner to provide oversight to our suppliers
- Reviewing deployment documentation for all departmental infrastructure components from application and development
- Providing a base build for the development environment for the system and handover to the application and development teams
- Building the user acceptance testing environment for the system and managing all updates to the departmental infrastructure during the migration phase of the system
- Creating technical test plans and recording results for the infrastructure components, as well as engaging the application and development teams to assist with conducting these tests
- Creating technical implementation plans and running books for system deliveries
To succeed in this role, you'll need a broad understanding of how your particular area of expertise supports our customers, ranging from applications and services supported and developed to decisions taken, and risk based with the objective of producing high availability, low cost systems.
We'll also be looking for you to have operational experience of running a large-scale Network environment, coupled with advanced knowledge of Data Networks, including product and design.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A broad understanding of infrastructure layers or stack, with a broad knowledge across multiple platforms, such as mainframe, middleware, network or deeper specialism
- Extensive experience of Networking, both in a design and operational environment
- An understanding of the roadmap of your area of expertise
- The ability to work with design authorities to deploy cost effective and resilient solutions
- Significant experience of contributing to roadmaps and strategies, and working closely with third parties, assuring output and managing performance
- Knowledge of DevOps and Agile principles, including how they can be applied to infrastructure
- Good collaboration and influencing skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.