Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Level 3
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 26 Mar 19
Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Level 3
1 April 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£19,863 - £22,070
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
The successful candidate will work within the Colleague IT Service Desk and any associated virtual team in one of a number of roles for a period of around 6 months and then transition to one of the second line Colleague Technology teams in order to be trained as a technical specialist.
A successful candidate will need to develop technical skills and knowledge to complete specific tasks to support the day to day delivery of service and also the strategic direction of the Service Desk. You will be working both independently and also with support from senior SMEs where needed to deliver key objectives and will need to work collaboratively with both internal Service Desk and external stakeholders. Candidates will also be required to adapt in a rapidly changing environment and will be expected to transition into technical area developing skills in predominately Microsoft based technologies
• Act as a single point of contact for customers reporting IT or telephony related queries and faults to the virtual Service Desk and, where possible, implementing a fix at the first point of contact (through telephony, online or chat channels) • Take ownership of and actively manage the end to end fault or request process providing resolution within agreed SLA's • Adhere to consistent call process to provide first class customer service • Must take responsibility for personal development through discussions with line manager • May include being responsible for ServiceNow data management including • Online Fault Reporting • incident data including templates, script and e-mails • Categorisation data • Adherence to ServiceNow data quality standards and group security processes • Input ideas and contribute towards toolset enhancement • Support Toolset SMEs with project deliverables responding to challenging asks in tight timeframes • Respond to short timeframe BAU requests and escalations with a range of stakeholders • Adhere to the Group risk processes and controls and support risk identification utilising senior SMEs where appropriate • Actively contribute towards function strategy and service improvement initiatives including contact reduction
• Proven record of providing excellent customer service • Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to select the most appropriate communication method to suit the situation • Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information to customers and colleagues appropriately at all levels including our executive colleagues • Proactive and confident, encouraging colleagues to be enthusiastic about their role • Proven ability to contribute to technical solutions for service improvement to deliver tangible benefits in the areas of cost, efficiency and risk • Knowledge of Microsoft applications including, Word , PowerPoint, Excel and Visio • Evidence of diagnostic and analysis skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources, allowing the provision of highly effective solutions • Evidence of a positive attitude towards change - innovative and flexible with a strong desire to create new and improved processes and procedures • Evidence working well individually with limited supervision and also in a group forum
- 5 A-C GCSE or equivalent including English and Maths, these must be evidenced on assessment.
- Any higher level related qualifications must be disclosed on application including a full breakdown of modules taken (A Levels, BTEC, degrees etc.)
- If successful, the next stage after application is an invitation to attend an assessment centre; we expect this to take place in July 2019. The location of these assessments are TBC, some travel may be required.
- The likely start date with the Group is expected to be October 2019, the actual Apprenticeship itself is expected to start 3 months following the start date.
- As part of the Apprenticeship, you will be required to travel and stay away at a dedicated training centre; flexibility with working hours will be required to support this. Travel costs will be covered.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.