Internal Audit - Reporting Analyst
- Not Specified
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Internal Audit at BlackRock
Internal Audit’s primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock’s businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock’s individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit’s work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
Our Audit Teams “At a Glance”
With teams in the US, Europe, and Asia, the Business Audit Team performs audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment and asset management, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
The Technology Audit Team, also in the US, Europe and Asia, performs design review and testing related to technology controls across application systems and infrastructure components such as databases, operating systems, data centers and messaging platforms.
SAO (Strategies, Analytics & Operations)
Supporting the entire Audit infrastructure is the Internal Audit SAO Team. This group is responsible for coordinating activities and communication across a global team, managing and driving the strategic planning process, implementing process innovations, and ensuring appropriate policies/methodology and procedures are in place. The team plays a meaningful part in the development and continuous improvement of the Global team. The team maintains independence from the other audit teams by reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit and does not participate in traditional audit reviews or issues management. The Data Analytics team, also part of SAO, performs in-depth data mining and analysis in support of audit controls testing.
The Unique Qualities We Look For
The Internal Audit team at BlackRock is growing rapidly and is seeking to hire highly motivated, hard-working, self-starting and collaborative team members around the globe. We are seeking people who are eager to learn about the various businesses at BlackRock, and we offer a unique career path for qualified individuals.
The right individuals will embrace a fast-paced environment and be interested in not only adding high value as a member of the audit team, but in helping to evolve our audit processes, tools and methodologies. The team includes professionals with trading, sales, risk management, compliance, technology, finance and operational experience. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
This role is part of a dynamic and rapidly evolving team that is looking to enhance the Audit and Board Committee reporting process and output. In addition, in this role, the team will be providing reporting and metrics to many internal business partners. The person applying for this role must embrace a fast paced environment and be energized by helping to drive continuous improvement.
The Internal Audit SAO Analyst’s primary responsibilities will include supporting various Audit and Board Committee reporting, and metrics support and generation.
The SAO Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate completion of executive and Board-level reporting
- Assist in ad-hoc analysis and reporting (e.g., control themes, audit issue analysis)
- Contribute to production of monthly metrics
- Identify and suggest enhancements to the metrics and reporting processes
- Review data to ensure accuracy and integrity and compile updates on open audit issues and databases
- Engage with audit team members to provide and receive updates to: various data points for reporting purposes; gather requirements; propose changes etc.
- Assist in tracking and managing reporting timelines and expectations
- Manage updates/requests and resolve inquiries about our workpaper documentation tool
- Assist with minor system enhancements within our workpaper documentation tool as it relates to the reporting process
- Engage with members across the globe to obtain current information on reporting deadlines and requirements
- Identify areas for improvement in the process or output on an ongoing basis
- Participate in department wide initiatives
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Computer Science or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent, is required
- Prior internal audit experience and knowledge of audit methodology is a plus
- Knowledge of current regulatory and industry events is a plus
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CIA, CFSA, CISA, CPA) are a plus
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities; ability to research, synthesize and analyse data
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication with all levels within the organization (verbal, written, and listening) and interpersonal skills; strong writing skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Commitment and strong work ethic; demonstrates willingness to put in extra time and effort, if needed.
- Ability to quickly learn new and existing software and be able to leverage that for analysis and reporting purposes
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau) is a plus
- Knowledge of RSA Archer products is a plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.