Internal Auditor - Entry Level
The incumbent will be required to help deliver the audit plan approved by the Audit Committee, contribute to the Internal Audit continuous monitoring activities, and work on some internal initiatives as required.
FNZ's internal audit function is evolving from a wholly outsourced to a
hybrid model that is encompassing a combination of internal and third party resource. The auditor - Junior/Senior will report to the Internal Audit Manager. The role involves regular interactions with various functions within the organisation.
Key duties will include:
- Prepare or contribute to the preparation of the Audit plan (including risk assessment) for assurance and/or consulting engagements.
- Help deliver the approved audit plan timely and in accordance with Internal Audit and IIA standards ( www.theiia.org ) by contributing to the planning and execution of audit reviews under the oversight of a more senior Internal Audit resource. Specifically:
Obtain required information directly or indirectly through examination of records or interviews with staff.
For the processes audited, review and evaluate the system of management controls and assess their adequacy and effectiveness and, where appropriate, draft potential recommendations for improvements.
Prepare working papers documenting adequately work performed.
Draft segments of the reports and communications on the results of work performed, for review by the Manager.
Assess the reliability and effective use of internal controls and assist in reviewing administrative procedures.
- Help enforcing the internal audit findings and recommendations, especially where corrective action is required;
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders across the organisation.
- Performing ad hoc internal-audit related projects or tasks as required;
Experience Required: Qualifications
- Experience in financial services with a commitment to learn and grow.
- Skills and ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommend solutions. Planning and organisational capability required.
- Ability to work independently; commitment to continuous learning and willingness to keep up to date on new developments in the audit field.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and standard MS-office products specially Excel.
- Ability to write in a clear and concise manner and to communicate effectively verbally.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with officials at middle management level.
- Familiarity with the procedures and systems of asset management firms would be an advantage.
- Bachelor degree (or above) preferably in Finance, Technology or related subjects (minimum 2.1)
- A professional certification in auditing such as CIA will be highly desirable; however, study supports will be provided toward CIA exams.
- A minimum of two years' experience in auditing/controlling or closely related field is highly desirable. Experience of internal auditing is an advantage.