Investment Analyst, Global Equity Income
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Martin Currie Investment Management Ltd
- 24 Jul 18 2018-07-24
We are seeking a talented Investment Analyst with global equities experience to join our team based in Edinburgh. The role will likely suit someone who has around 6 years experience working in a global equities environment, potentially having completed a graduate training programme within an investment management firm.
About Martin Currie Investment Management
We are active equity specialists, focused on managing money for a wide range of global clients. Our approach is simple. We offer distinctive active equity portfolios and devote all of our resources to delivering optimum investment outcomes and excellent client relationships.
Our clients’ interests are at the heart of everything we do. This informs our values and the way in which we work: collaboratively, honestly and supportively. We actively encourage employee engagement across all areas of our business. This commitment closely aligns our aspirations with those of our clients, enabling a culture of individual responsibility and shared success.
We are an investment affiliate of Legg Mason Inc., one of the world’s largest asset management firms. As a company, we are self-directed, innovative in our approach, and able to take a long-term view. Our investment philosophy is equally liberated. We build global, stock driven portfolios based on fundamental research and focused on our core areas of investment expertise.
We offer a rewarding career to people who want to be part of a collaborative team.
We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Global Equity Income team. The role is at our headquarters in Edinburgh and will report to the Head of Equity Income. Whilst we are primarily seeking an Analyst, depending on experience, the role could contain Portfolio Management responsibility over the medium to long term. Key requirements of the role are as follows:
Research and analysis:
• Perform global stock analysis, building detailed bottom-up financial models.
• Operate as a sector specialist, ideally in consumer staples and consumer discretionary stocks to the team and the broader investment floor.
Communication and relationships:
• Both internally and externally: articulate the team’s role, process and competitive advantages, demonstrate understanding of products, project credibility.
• Promote the interests of Martin Currie, maintaining effective and professional relationships with external and internal parties.
• Identify and communicate best practice to the team to ensure knowledge is shared and made best use of within the team.
We require people who are already highly skilled and have proven global equities experience across all of the areas set-out above. The following are mandatory requirements:
• Educated to degree level.
• Demonstrable experience within global equity investment, ideally in the consumer sector.
• CFA Charter holder or equivalent.
• Investment style characterized by detailed fundamental analysis.
• Independence of thought.
*** Please note that the role is based in Edinburgh ***