M&A Tax Senior Manager Edinburgh or Glasgow
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You'll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct
The national M&A Tax team is the largest specialist team in the PwC worldwide M&A network with over  partners and staff. The M&A team has a global reach facilitating transactions domestic and cross border in multiple territories, with industry specialism in all key territories. We deliver commercial and solutions and tax advice on complex and often high-profile deals.
You will be working closely with our Deals team to provide an integrated and commercial service to clients.
As a member of the M&A tax team you will have the opportunity to be involved in:
- Tax structuring advice - helping clients operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance
- Tax Due Diligence reviews - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses, often coordinating input from VAT and employment tax colleagues, as well as overseas PwC tax teams
- Tax Modelling and funds flow - working on tax inputs and assumptions of NPV models to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Pre and post deal services - assisting clients with pre and post-acquisition restructuring and implementation of new tax strategies
- We also have specialist transaction teams to support you in the areas of Sale and Purchase Agreement and Tax Warranty & Indemnity review, VAT advice on deals and transactions, Stamp Duties and transaction taxes
- In addition to this specialist support you'll be able to draw on the support and experience of the wider M&A Tax team in performing your role, as well as on the ground industry experience in Aberdeen
You will be expected to work under your own initiative drawing on your own and other PwC expertise to deliver the tax aspects of Deals and help solve problems. A key aspect is liaising effectively with other advisers and playing a key role in managing and developing relationships clients and junior members of the team.
The role offers high levels of responsibility, the satisfaction of working on interesting and challenging assignments and participation in a successful team as well as opportunities to develop new offerings and ways of delivering M&A tax for our clients. Essential skills
- A desire and ability to learn to lead complex M&A projects for key clients
- Experience of leading and coaching others and willingness to develop a team
- Project management skills in building and leveraging internal and external relationships and networks
- An ability to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines
- Developed communication skills, specifically in negotiating with and influencing others
- Working knowledge of Tax M&A processes and language
- Ability to work well in a team in an ever changing dynamic environment
- Experience of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we're one of the UK's leading tax practices. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity