Mainframe Hardware Analyst
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Mainframe Hardware Analyst
- Joining this well-established Mainframe Hardware team within the wider Technology function, you'll be responsible for the maintenance and management of the hardware infrastructure
- You'll enjoy considerable variety as you'll be raising break fix changes, liaising with engineers and organising regular code and patch updates to enhance the stability of the mainframe platform
- This is a high profile role that offers several development opportunities
What you'll do
We'll look to you to provide vital technical infrastructure support to RBS's mainframe platform. You'll be responsible for investigating system alerts, organising break fix changes, and planning the scheduling of maintenance and code upgrades. You'll also contribute to the planning, scheduling and implementation of hardware refresh activity, physical machine replacements and infrastructure upgrades.
As well as this you'll:
- Liaise with other platform support teams, data centre management teams, third party suppliers and engineers
- Identify potential improvement opportunities
- Mitigate any risks
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone highly technical with a background in a technology support role, ideally with mainframe experience.
You'll have an understanding of enterprise computing platforms, disk and tape subsystems and network connectivity. You'll also have the drive to learn and understand how to operate and configure complex infrastructures.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- An adaptable and flexible approach to cover a 24/7 on-call rota
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus pension funding. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.