Manager - Model Risk Governance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Contract Role: Manager - Model Risk Governance Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Duration: 6 - 12 months Daily Rate: DOE
Contract Role: Manager - Model Risk Governance
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Duration: 6 - 12 months
Daily Rate: DOE
The role holder is part of the global team responsible for the governance and management of Model Risk within HSBC. This role provides support to the Global Head of Model Risk Governance in the implementation of global strategy and vision for Model Risk governance across HSBC Group
- The principal challenge of the role is providing a bridge between non-quantitative, business-oriented strategy / business requirements and highly technical frameworks, and vice versa. The role holder is expected to develop and retain a deep familiarity of and personal acceptance in both "worlds".
- Environment of significant ambiguity and pressure to provide expertise on upcoming topics within short timescales, and within a changing regulatory environment.
- Ability to develop new initiatives and frameworks from scratch and lead with confidence into the unknown.
- Strong influencing skills with regard to guiding and shaping various initiatives and ideas.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline preferred.
- Previous experience in model development, monitoring, validation, and/or model risk governance and policy development.
- Proven leadership and project management skills and the ability to exercise leadership.
- Understanding of current and emerging regulatory developments and trends on modelling, model risk governance and model risk management (preferred).
- Risk and/or Regulatory reporting knowledge especially using Cognos will be an advantage.