Modelling Manager, Retail Capital Models (RCM)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Join us in Belfast or Edinburgh as a Modelling Manager
- Retail Capital Models is a centre of excellence for statistical modelling and offers an excellent induction and training programme
- This is an opportunity to develop your skills and further your career as you get involved in a range of projects
- You'll be well positioned to raise your profile, as you collaborate with highly skilled colleagues across the Risk community
- Flexible working is also available with this role
What you'll do
In this role, you'll be using your analytical talents to support the business through the development of capital and IFRS9 models across the full range of retail portfolios, including business banking.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Developing and maintaining a suite of robust, effective and compliant statistical models producing measures of PD, EAD and LGD
- Managing model proposals developed by the team as they pass through phases of review by other functions
- Producing clear and well presented analysis and actionable MI covering all aspects of risk model performance
- Contributing to model development methodology by using innovative and robust approaches
The skills you'll need
You'll need to have significant experience working in a modelling function or a related quantitative function, where you'll have gained broad experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail and commercial banking environment. You'll also be degree qualified in a numerate discipline.
It's essential that you have extensive experience in statistical or mathematical modelling, data driven analysis and SAS programming, ideally on large data-sets in a mainframe or server environment. You'll be highly skilled across SAS and SQL and will utilise your strong PC skills to create databases and spreadsheets.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Project management experience and the ability to work well as part of a team, sharing ideas and learning openly with others
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- The ability to provide effective coaching to support the development of others
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills
- An understanding of statistical techniques, credit reference data and system toolsets
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.