Multi Asset/Equity Trader
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Multi Asset/Equity Trader
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a Multi Asset/Equity Trader to join our Franklin Templeton Trading team in Edinburgh.
What is the Franklin Templeton Trading team responsible for?
The trading team carry out trading activities on all asset classes in Franklin Templeton with emphasis on our multi asset solutions and equity investment groups. They are an integral part of the investment process, where their focus is on delivering best execution whilst providing an insightful value add service for the wider investment teams. As Multi Asset/Equity Trader you'll be responsible for executing securities purchases and sales, whilst developing and maintaining relationships with securities dealers. You'll also provide portfolio managers with ongoing information about market sentiment, trading environment, trading volume, and price volatility and identify and communicate potential opportunistic trading ideas with relevant parties.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Multi Asset/Equity Trader?
• Executes securities purchases and sales as authorized by portfolio managers
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships
• Collaborate with colleagues and external parties to develop relationships
• Contributes to investment process by providing ideas, supports on sizing and timing, etc.
• Actively involved in global initiatives related to trading strategies
What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree ideally in a related field
• Extensive experience as a Trader
• Experience of trading across all asset classes would be beneficial but not essential
• Ability to proactively generate ideas and use initiative
• Strong team player who can integrate into an existing team and processes
• Ability and confidence to engage at high levels of discussion on investment related topics
• Effective relationship management skills and the ability to build strong relationships with external parties
• Ability to work autonomously and make unsupervised decisions as required while complying with the investment process
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.