- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent , Full time
- 16 Oct 17
Capco is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth and asset management
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture
A Word About Us
Capco – Forming the Future of Finance
Capco is a distinctly and positively different place to work. There’s a rare opportunity in our Edinburgh location.. As the only dedicated Financial Services consultancy firm in Scotland, the opportunity for growth is large, accessible and immediate as the demands of the industry are rapidly changing.
Much more than consultants, we are active participants in the global financial services industry. Our passionate business and technology professionals enjoy a unique environment where they are actively encouraged to apply intellect, innovation, experience and teamwork. We are dedicated to fully supporting our world class clients as they respond to challenges and opportunities in: Banking, Capital Markets, Finance Risk & Compliance, Insurance and Wealth and Investment Management. Experience Capco for yourself at capco.com.
Let’s Get Down To Business
The key role of PMO Management Consultant is to deliver specific PMO services in line with minimum standards, policies and methodologies, focusing on continuously improving processes to optimise operational efficiency. The role has a global focus and will entail collaborating with Business, Operations, Finance, Compliance, IT and other functions. Key for success in this role will be driving forward improvements in Project quality and ensuring a joined up approach to PMO and Project Management between the Business and other areas.
You will be providing reporting and analysis statistics of delivery during the project lifecycle, providing centralised management of project RAID and will identify and implement process improvement initiatives.
You will also manage and maintain resourcing plans, tracking resource availability and will manage Dashboard Reporting and be the liaison point between Finance, Business and Project Managers.
Fitting that description, you will also need to be Supremely Personally Motivated to work in a team where clients become colleagues too.
Show Us What You’ve Got
We're looking for the following skills and experience:
- Delivering best practice project management tools and templates, providing subject matter expertise around project and programme governance.
- Responsible for developing reporting frameworks, producing standard project reporting templates, reviewing and challenging the content with PMs.
- Experience in Stakeholder Management, working with and influencing stakeholders at senior levels across business functions, keeping them informed of progress.
- Data Analysis and Interpretation – the ability to critically evaluate information gathered across multiple sources, reconcile variances and recommend proposals to senior management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences across business function and level, tailoring messages appropriately.
- Experience of Tracking Financials, ensuring costs are controlled and accurate effort and expenditure figures are recorded in the specified project management tool.
- Experience of using project management tools e.g. Clarity / MS Project desirable.
- Competent in using MS Office tools, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Proven ability to multitask and effectively manage time to deliver excellent results.
- Line management experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Financial Services and Capital Markets is key as well as front to back experience of Change Management.
Professional experience is important. But it’s paramount you share our belief in disruptive innovation that puts clients ahead in a tough market. From Day One, your key skill will be to perceive new and better ways of doing things to give your clients an unfair advantage.
Now Take The Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to receiving your application.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture