Policy Manager, Model Risk (6 months FTC)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
See job description for details
Join us in London or Edinburgh as a Policy Manager
- Sitting within our Model Risk team, you'll be responsible for reviewing and updating our model risk framework and policy
- This is a high profile and important role in which you'll gain valuable exposure to the senior management of the bank and the board
- You'll be working across many areas of the bank and drawing upon your experience and insight to embed a risk conscious culture
- This role is available for a period of six months Fixed Term Contract basis
What you'll do
Working with the Head of Model Risk Governance, you'll be shaping and implementing a pan-bank model risk management policy and framework, through hands-on facilitation and engagement with executive and senior manager stakeholders.
You'll be assessing and producing proposals for the target state model risk policy, standards and mandatory procedures, supporting syndication with franchises, services and legal entities across the bank.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing key senior stakeholder relationships, identifying areas for improvement and documenting options and plans for resolution
- Ensuring the implementation of a compliant and effective future state operating model for the Model Risk Function and model owners across RBS
- Preparing materials for workshops and engagement with RBS stakeholders
- Updating policy and mandatory procedures, and supporting the syndication of final documentation with stakeholders across the bank
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with regulatory compliance or corporate governance experience within in a policy team. Along with a good understanding of the differences between various policy principles and control, you'll have a clear understanding of risk management and industry trends. You'll also ideally have strong model risk knowledge.
As well as this, we're looking for:
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- The ability to take ownership and deliver results in challenging environments across a complex stakeholder base
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to handle ambiguous situations
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.