Portfolio Risk Manager
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Join us in Edinburgh as a Portfolio Risk Manager
- If you're looking for a new challenge in a growing, successful team with great career progression prospects, we want to hear from you
- This role presents an excellent opportunity for a driven Credit Risk professional looking to join a successful team within our Personal & Business Banking division
- This would also be an opportunity for a gifted analyst ready for greater business engagement without formal line management responsibilities
- Playing a key and recognisable role, you'll be part of a function that is essential to the development of successful business strategies, and you'll contribute significantly to the bank's risk management
- Flexible working will also be a feature in this role
What you'll do
As Senior Risk Analyst for our Retail Secured Portfolios, you'll be providing actionable, data driven analysis that supports risk management and business strategies, and delivering your insights directly to the business and providing meaningful briefings to senior management.
You'll also be:
- Working with and influencing key stakeholders across Personal & Business Banking, from Products and Business Services to Finance and Marketing
- Overseeing the effective management of the credit portfolios, delivering high quality value adding insight that drives improved credit decision making
- Developing and managing key performance drivers to keep portfolios within agreed credit risk appetite and limits, whilst taking into consideration the banks risk management responsibilities
The skills you'll need
Having a financial services background means you'll be confident in your knowledge of the credit risk landscape and practices. With this extending to a well developed knowledge and practical experience of applying analytical techniques to a variety of business problems, you'll also be comfortable in dealing with multiple data sources.
Alongside your excellent analytical skills and the ability to interpret data from a broad range of sources, you'll be confident in your stakeholder management skills, using your strong written and verbal communication abilities to package and present ideas and recommendations succinctly and with clarity.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary of £38,368 to £57,552 plus a 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.