Pricing Actuary Manager
- £50,000 - £75,000 (Bonus + Package)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 14 Feb 18 2018-02-14
Pricing Actuary Manager - Banking Edinburgh My client, a highly reputable bank, is looking for an experienced Pricing Actuary to lead a small team that sits across a lucrative business portfolio mainly covering Protection and Life products. The role offer huge scope for growth within the business offer plenty of progression opportunities and a multitude of cross-function stakeholder exposure.
Pricing Actuary Manager - Banking
This is a role for a talented and commercially minded Pricing Actuary, at manager level within the growing Protection business of Scottish Widows and Lloyds Banking Group. The role sits within the Commercial Finance Director team for Longstanding and Protection and reports directly into the Head of Protection Pricing.
There is huge scope for growth within this business and you’ll achieve this by pro-actively developing relationships with a wide range of business areas within Insurance including the wider Commercial FD team, Underwriting Strategy, SWP Proposition and Commercial Teams, Client Services, IT, Customer Operations, Risk & Finance and externally such as the reinsurers. Together we make it possible.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Pricing of the Life and CI products for the IFA (Scottish Widows Protect) and the LBG Bancassurance channels
- Support product development and price optimisation work
- Add value to new business proposition developments with the aim of improving business profitability across the product lines and being the first choice for customers
- Produce pricing reports and financial analysis for senior management on price changes and pricing assumptions
- Perform premium reviews for reviewable products
- Support reinsurance team with reinsurance strategy and retenders
- Assume responsibility for projects, co-ordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverable within the required time, cost and quality parameters
- Plan, communicate and implement improvements to systems, processes and procedures, ensuring team commitment to any necessary changes
- Agree with customers and suppliers the deliverables to and from any production process, ensuring these meet both customer requirements and the needs of the function
- Escalate, manage and mitigate risks in a timely manner
- Pro-actively develop and maintain working relationships to identify and satisfy mutual business requirements. This role will involve close liaison with a wide range of business areas within Insurance (including the rest of the Commercial FD team, Underwriting Strategy, SWP Proposition and Commercial Teams, Client Services, IT, Customer Operations, Risk & Finance), across the Group and externally (such as the reinsurers).
- Deliver through a team of 5 with performance management responsibility for 2
We are looking for an individual with a proven ability to deliver through others essentially and ideally experience of coaching and supporting the professional development of colleagues would be preferred.
- Qualified Actuary
- Experience of Pricing
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Lionel on 0121 633 1643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org