Principal Performance Test Engineer
Join us as a Principal Performance Test Engineer
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to provide direction and leadership on all quality matters across the platform or domain including adoption and compliance with the organisations standards and policies
- This is an opportunity to act as a key contributor in making sure that work packages transition seamlessly from development into live environments
- Hone your knowledge of quality best practices and collaboration and stakeholder management skills
In this key role, you'll be making sure that only well designed and built work packages get through quality testing. You'll aim to get it right first time for our customers through innovative service and solutions, using automation as an accelerator and working closely with stakeholders in an Agile and collaborative environment.
We'll also look to you to produce comprehensive and robust quality strategies and detailed quality test plans, enabling the continual flow of work packages across the domain, platform value stream or programme.
Additionally, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Leading and managing the quality strategy, plan and execution results of multiple feature teams, often concurrently
- Understanding the customer and human centric designs and driving the quality of the teams work to constantly improve the solutions and enhance customer experiences
- Taking accountability for all aspects of quality across both run and change and business as usual activity within the assigned platform or domain
- Overseeing the output quality from all testing phases owned and making sure it meets the requirements of each quality test strategy
- Making sure defects are detected and prioritised, based on impact, and resolved at the earliest possible moment and before the last responsible moment
- Undertaking end-to-end test management including planning, risk, issue, dependency management, lessons learnt and governance
We're looking for someone with strong knowledge and understanding of quality standards, quality best practices, and our risk and controls framework. You'll also need high levels of knowledge and demonstrable application of modern testing and quality practices and techniques used with Agile methodologies.
You'll also need knowledge of workload and performance modelling, root cause analysis, tuning and optimisation techniques, along with expert knowledge and experience of applying DevOps techniques, tools and methodologies within a performance engineering and test setting. You'll be an expert performance testing tool technician with proven experience in industry tooling.
Additionally, we'll be looking for:
- Practical experience of quality strategy and planning, testing design and execution
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing such as system, system integration, user, load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out
- The ability to relate everyday work to the strategic vision of the feature, platform, domain and enterprise teams, with a strong focus on business outcomes
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to peers and management
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Proven skills in challenging process and tooling to optimise delivery
- Experience of influencing organisation decisions on strategic performance tooling and process