Product Management Specialist
Join us as a Product Management Specialist
What you'll do
- Joining our Commercial & Private Banking (CPB) Technology Production Services team, you'll support our key applications and make sure that new applications are onboarded safely with minimal disruption to our CPB customers and business
- You'll enjoy working with others to solve challenges, and be willing to share ideas in a collaborative team-working environment
- You'll get satisfaction from seeing the direct positive customer impacts from your incident-resolution skills, and benefit from a supportive and friendly team
- This is a great opportunity to develop in-demand cutting-edge skills, supporting on-premise applications using microservices and robotic technology (RPA), as well as cloud-hosted applications
As a Production Management Specialist, you'll play a key role in identifying solutions to swiftly recover service when incidents occur, and finding effective mitigating and root-cause fixes. With this, you'll find opportunities to improve monitoring and alerting solutions, as well as identifying operational risks early and escalating them promptly.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Assisting with the smooth transition of applications into production
- Working with project teams to review their deliveries, making sure they're fit for production, and providing advice and consultancy
- Planning and implementing effective changes quickly and safely
- Building strong and trusted business stakeholder relationships
We're looking for someone with knowledge and experience of handling incidents, problems, changes, and the drive to expand your existing technical skillset. Along with experience of supporting or developing applications running on UNIX or Windows platforms, you'll have strong communication skills and willingness to acquire new skills.
You'll also have the ability to apply Agile principles to production services activities and tasks, and will be able to handle high-pressure situations.
The following would be ideal to have:
How we'll reward you
- Knowledge of SQL, Microservices, MQ, WebSphere, Apache and Tomcat servers, networks, firewalls, cloud technologies or Java
- Experience of using monitoring tools, such as Tivoli, Splunk or AppDynamics
- An ITIL Foundation Service Management qualification
- An Agile qualification
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer. Inclusion
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
Closing date 10/04/2020