Product Manager - Tax
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Securities Services team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
- Provide exceptional diligence, core industry and technical product and/or service delivery knowledge, numerical and relationship management skills across the Securities Services business to deliver:
- Tax technical support to the growing Securities Services business across Europe, with a particular focus on Tax Transparent Funds (TTFs) and Private Asset structures across the UK, Ireland and Luxembourg
- Tax SME for Securities Services Products supporting the Tax Operational Team in terms of technical advice as required
- Work across Product and Sectors as required to ensure tax aspects of Securities Services Products are appropriately captured and considered
- Provide tax support in sales pitches and in responding to RFPs.
- Business case definition to enable stakeholder understanding and obtain approval to proceed
- Product design documentation and finalisation of target product model and estimation of deployment
- Close interaction with Change Management, Tax Operational Team, IT and relevant functional teams to oversee the shape of development & delivery
- Support deal commercial propositions prior to Business Acceptance Committee (BAC) submissions
- Compliance with HSBC Control functions, e.g. FCC, CMAT, Chief Control Office and BRCM
- Support periodic reviews of product roadmaps in collaboration with product and sector heads to determine 3-5 year developments
- Support the production of product collateral insight documentation with involvement from product leads, client services and sales & business development in order to add greater value to clients and market prospects
- Adopting the product management & development methodology and supporting outputs from the phases of initiation, definition, analysis, design, business case and post product live maintenance management
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Tax qualified (CA, ACCA, CTA) with a good knowledge of accounting
- Demonstrable financial services experience
- A strong technical tax base coupled with the ability and desire to work across teams and disciplines to build scalable tax solutions
- Experience of dealing with clients and industry bodies
- Experience of accounting, data systems and information flows in large organisations or tax software packages
- Analytical thinking / strong communication skills / project management attributes from change functions to business as usual
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.