Project Manager - Technology/Middleware
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
See job description for details
Join us a Project Manager in Edinburgh
- Hone your project management skills and gain valuable experience leading on projects that involve cutting edge technology
- You'll have the opportunity to build strong relationships and work closely with key stakeholders
- Develop your understanding of emerging technologies and build your career in a collaborative and forward thinking team
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for the end to end delivery of projects and project components in line with agreed timelines, business goals and our risk and governance standards. This will involve taking ownership of project plans, controls and resources in order to deliver high quality outcomes for the bank and its customers.
- Providing progress reports, ensuring plans are in line with wider programmes, strategy and control
- Forecasting and evaluating internal and external project risks and issues, developing plans to respond accordingly
- Tracking and reporting on project costs, ensuring the project stays within budget
- Collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders, while sharing expertise and coaching junior team members
The skills you'll need
You'll need experience managing projects, ideally within a technology or middleware environment. You'll have a good level of technical knowledge and understanding of how systems talk to each other. Knowledge of the RBS Change Framework, or a relevant project management qualification would also be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which you'll use to guide your team to meet project goals against tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to lead others through the project lifecycle, ensuring business aims are met
- A collaborative approach and the ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders, colleagues and senior managers
- Strong organisational skills and proficiency with MS Office
- The ability to think strategically and consider the big picture, while also having excellent attention to detail
- A solid understanding of risk management principles
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.