RFP Specialist - 12 month contract
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Jun 18 2018-06-24
RFP Specialist - 12 month contract
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for a RFP Specialist to join our RFP team based in Edinburgh on a 12 month contract.
What is the RFP & DDQ Services team responsible for?
Global RFP & DDQ Services has in excess of 30 staff in multiple locations across Asia, Europe and the United States; writing RFPs and other new business and existing client submissions across a broad range of equity, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative strategies for institutional and retail clients. It is a division within the firm's Global Business Services function. The RFP team are responsible for completing RFPs and other new business or client-related questionnaires which accurately and favorably represent the organisation, and its investment products and services, to prospective clients and their advisers.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the RFP Specialist?
• Review documents relating to assigned requests, identifying relevant requirements and establish if any additional detail is required
• Discuss external client requirements with business partners to identify the correct content
• Prepare first draft of responses for review using standard responses and customised content
• Work with the wider team to ensure all work is reviewed and approved as agreed
• Develop internal relationships with colleagues and business partners to help you develop your understanding of our business and the clients we service
• Use your knowledge of our products and the external client environment to develop our processes when it comes to RFP submissions
• Support in updating and managing our CMS (Qvidian)
• Actively participate in process improvement within the team
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Experience of writing RFP's within an Asset Management environment
• Strong understanding of the Asset Management environment across institutional and retail channels with good knowledge of financial markets globally
• Understanding of the range products we offer such as equity, fixed income, real estate and alternatives
• CFA or IMC would be advantageous but not required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, plus experience of proofreading
• Ability to interact professionally with a wide range of stakeholders across the business
• Meticulous attention to detail across all aspects of data, language and grammar, and general layout/presentation
• Able to manage multiple tasks and flexible/adaptable to allow you to adjust to changes in workflow and meet tight deadlines
• Proficient with statistical information, able to understand data and use it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.