- £40,000 – £65,000
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
OPERATIONAL RISK MANAGER | PERM | EDINBURGH
Change recruitment group are recruiting on behalf of a well know Financial Services organisation in Edinburgh, who are looking to recruit an experienced risk manager with a particular focus on the management of the Solvency Capital Requirement (SCR) and ICAAP processes as part of the 2nd Line Operational and Business Risk Team.
As a Risk Manager, you’ll provide support consultancy and oversight on risk management practice in implementing, embedding, and supporting the group’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) within the business. A key part of the role is to manage the capital assessment process for operational risk.
· Accountable for the overall delivery of the Operational Risk element of the SCR including, providing guidance to risk colleagues throughout the process, completeness of coverage of risks, review and challenge output and results, produce correlations, quantification of capital, inputs to modelling team, complying with methodology and production of Committee and Board Papers.
· Directly managing, leading, developing and coaching a team of Risk Consultants to support the Risk Manager in implementing, embedding, and supporting the group’s ERMF within the business.
· Establish relationships with key senior staff and executives; gaining credibility and providing an appropriate level of review and influence in business areas when these areas require different types of discussions and have different priorities.
· Managing a variety of risk management related tasks and activities with minimal support, meeting expectations on agreed deliverables and timescales.
· Continuously developing and maintaining technical knowledge and applying this in conjunction with business awareness in order to provide review and consultancy.
· Expressing risk management to facilitate understanding and decision making of both internal and external stakeholders when there are different levels of understanding.
· Supporting the Head of Risk Managers and risk colleagues in reviewing, challenging, and managing the ERMF
· Communicating errors and weaknesses to senior management, helping them understand the recommendations and ensuring appropriate improvement activity is identified. Assist in strengthening the first line of defence.
· Manage and influence key stakeholders in order to manage risk exposure.
· Providing consultative support to senior business managers in managing risk, often in complex and high profile activities.
· Provide training and support to promote a clear and consistent understanding of risk management.
· Share and implement best practice, and create a common understanding of risk management
· Considering risk from an operational, regulatory, strategic and financial perspective.
· Contributing to risk reporting
· Effectively implementing and embedding the ERMF in the business.
· Contributing to risk procedures and process reviews that evaluate current practice, identify improvement opportunities, and deliver solutions effectively.
· Analyse Risk MI to proactively identify gaps in risk management practice, in aligned business areas, and provide solutions to strengthen control process weaknesses
· An ability to constructively challenge and articulate independent opinions in a way that drives change and delivers results
· Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent)
· The Institute of Risk Management Association
· Association Chartered Certified Accountants
For more information, a full job description and a confidential chat please contact Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org