Regulatory Compliance Consultant
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Change Recruitment Groups Global Asset Manager is looking to hire a Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join their business and contribute to the provision of regulatory and technical advice, support & solutions and management of regulatory risk within the business and wider group.
Regulatory Compliance Consultant (Investments) | Edinburgh | Permanent | £highly competitive
Change Recruitment Groups Global Asset Manager is looking to hire a Regulatory Compliance Consultant to join their business and contribute to the provision of regulatory and technical advice, support & solutions and management of regulatory risk within the business and wider group. The candidate will preferably come from an investment firm but exposure to FCA regulations and exposure interpreting these would be considered.
Responsibilities of the Regulatory Compliance Consultant:
- Provide technical strategic support to the business based on all applicable regulatory rules
- Provide regulatory consulting and technical support services to business, this could include writing briefing papers and presenting regulatory developments to the Management Committee and business managers
- Participate in business projects to ensure project deliverables are regulatory compliant
- Promote and continually maintain a culture of knowledge and adherence to regulatory principles and rules.
- Analyse and interpret financial services regulations and specifically the FCA and other applicable rules
- Assess impact of regulatory developments on the business and prioritise accordingly
- Ensure timely reports and presentations are produced for the business and Risk and Control Committees
- Provide support and guidance on rule developments and interpretations to members of the Legal and Regulatory teams, Regulatory & Operational Risk and the business
- Prepare and submit responses to the FCA and trade bodies where appropriate
- Produce accurate and timely management information.
- Review and approve financial promotions and stationery to meet regulatory standards.
Background of the Regulatory Compliance Consultant:
- Ideally possess Degree or professional qualification in relevant discipline (e.g. law, accountancy)
- Appropriate experience, ideally with appropriate benchmark qualification.
- Ideally an individual with a strong commercial background ideally with knowledge of investment-related matters and experience of regulatory affairs in the field of asset management.
- Ability to evidence experience in interpreting rules and how this impacts the business and its ability to comply effectively
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced regulatory compliance consultant to join a truly global brand and support them in complying with global regulations. Will suit a candidate from investment background but other FCA governed industries will be accepted. Please contact email@example.com or call 0131 473 4921 to apply or for a confidential chat.