Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from thorough fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at improving our performance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
Regulatory Operations is a growing team who design, implement & lead on all aspects of BlackRock's regulatory processes. We continually monitor, review, and provide assurances that our regulatory obligations are fulfilled.
This is an exciting time within Regulatory Operations with implementation of new regulations and the opportunities to drive our business forward. We are developing systems and reporting capabilities alongside leading risk and working with key partners across the business to drive implementations. The successful candidates will play an important role in that evolution.
We are looking for a candidate who enjoys shifting challenges, thinks creatively, possesses the confidence to have an opinion, takes the initiative and thrives under scrutiny and tight deadlines.
Examples of the key regulations owned by Reg Ops include MIFIR, G20 Derivative Reporting, Regulatory Costs Disclosures and Form ADV filings. Job Purpose/Background:
This role is for a client experienced Vice President within the Regulatory Operations Client Reporting team who will act as an interface between BlackRock's client businesses and operational teams to drive the delivery of superior client experience for our clients. This newly created role will involve working with BlackRock's client business to understand client intent in relation to new or changing regulatory requirements and representing these internally to our operational teams as well as articulating BlackRock's service capabilities to the client. Leading the prioritisation of challenging demands and developing awareness of industry trends impacting client regulatory reporting with a view to proactively drive improvements to our service preposition. The successful candidate will grow subject matter expertise in the reporting regulations applicable to BlackRock's client and fund base and aid interaction with clients and prospects. Key Responsibilities:
- Act as the point person with the client business teams to understand client regulatory reporting demands and prioritise ad hoc requests to assist operational teams in efficient delivery
- Partner with the relevant operational teams to resolve client queries, ensuring they are handled with due care and attention and responded to within agreed time frames and with consideration of the client's needs and expectations
- Lead the client regulatory pipeline, including horizon scanning, operational impact assessment and raise where appropriate
- Proactively engage with clients to identify new or changes to regulatory reporting requirements and to understand the impact to them
- Articulate BlackRock's current client regulatory service offering to clients and to internal teams
- Build strong relationships with internal partners to develop solutions for clients, explore service capabilities and continually look for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved service outcomes
- Represent BlackRock in relevant industry forums providing subject matter expertise and thought leadership
- Represent Regulatory Operations and Client Experience Management group on Governance Committees relating to the above
- Exposure to many product groups and the full range of investment products across Blackrock
- Exposure to global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions and key industry forums
- Opportunity to develop within a truly global international group and firm
- Future development opportunities within Business Operations and beyond in BlackRock
- Experience of working in the financial services industry across a wide range of products
- Knowledge of Financial Services Regulations, Solvency II and costs disclosure requirements would be useful
- Experience of leading client relationships, positively influencing others and developing strong relationships with both clients and internal partners.
- Experience of risk management, prioritisation and resource allocation
- Strong communication, both verbal and written. Ability to build relationships and influence across levels
- Consistent track record of working within complex environments with non-standard processes
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel crucial to craft presentation materials and analyses
- Ability to self-manage workloads
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.