Business Incident / Business Resiliency Specialist Role Description
The Business Incident Manager/ Business Resiliency Specialist will work in both environments. In times, when a business incident is ongoing, it's the priority so solve this incident or bring people together to solve it. In all other times, the role is to update and maintain the resiliency plans of the business.
For this role, the specialist must partner with product, servicing and domain experts; in a cross-functional environment. The specialist will also be involved in initiatives specific focused on accelerating mainstream reporting and data analysis. They will also have significant exposure & visibility to senior management. This role is ideal for highly motivated individuals with advanced problem solving and communication skills.
Over time this role will be performed on a follow-the-sun model to support 24/7 operations for our clients. So there is also some flexibility needed in working hours and weekend shifts. Responsibilities:
- Assessing business impact on the incident occurred (example tech, non tech or any other business-related incidents)
- Holding a close relationship with production management and LOB wide resiliency
- Expertise with analysing, modelling and interpreting voluminous datasets.
- Comprehend datasets and successfully design requirements towards building of reporting capabilities. Should be methodical and logical in approaching data.
- Monitor data around performance and quality control plans to identify process optimizations.
- Work with large data sets by detecting patterns, trends and thereby producing meaningful insights for users and senior management.
- Work with clients to establish rules of data exchange and write data mapping specifications for custom file layouts.
- Proficiency with Data Analytics Tool & Excel (V-lookups, macros, advanced formulas, pivots, charts)
- Understand working of Data Visualization Tools (Tableau, QlikView or similar)
- Business analytical skills around reporting & governance
- Individual will help articulate Senior mgmt. reporting requirements and furnish the same on a weekly basis
- Broader picture and reporting framework
- Understand and articulate reg reporting requirements
- Reporting experience
- Exposure to articulate reporting structure to Sr. mgmt.
- Insights experience / exposure
- Exposure to conduct risk reporting framework
- Root cause analysis skillset on the data
- Recommendations / solutions based on the available data elements
- Good to have external market knowledge and trends