Risk Specialist - Transformation Programme - 12 Month FTC
The objective of the risk team is to deliver, coordinate and continuously develop an effective framework that provides the tools to enable FNZ to identify, assess, control and monitor risk and through that framework manage risk within the appetite of the business, our clients and regulators.
The risk specialist brings both experience and knowledge of risk management tool and frameworks demonstrated through practical experience and achievements in similar roles. As FNZ is technology business, the role requires experience of managing technology risks and change, in addition to a wider experience within operational risk.
The role holder will support the RMF Transformation Programme Director and CRO in the design and delivery of RMF components.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Provide technical assistance to the RMF programme
- Provide practical support in the roll out and embedding off programme components
- Work with first line representatives to develop relevant and fit for purpose ways of working
- have support the risk leadership team in production of high quality documentation and presentations on relevant work streams and framework components
- Organise and execute pilots or test runs of new components capturing feedback and iterating core deliverables as required
- have facilitating workshops between reps across the business risk and internal audit to identify boundaries and create racy model outputs
- chat executive level steering committees for discussion and input on key deliverables of the risk framework
- report progress and issues in a dynamic way to the program director of the transformation programme
- operate in a self-starting way to drive the completion of the work streams you are responsible for
- assist in training and coaching programmes for components of the deliverables you develop into overarching risk and compliance training
• Preparing required workstream reporting and ad hoc reports to the programme sponsors Experience Required
- Previous experience in a senior risk management role, ideally within a Financial Service platform environment.
- Experience of change risk management and supporting / challenge technology risks
- Working knowledge of FCA, Data regulation and Financial Crime regulations
- Excellent knowledge of industry risk management best practice.
- Experience of developing and implementing management policies and processes.
- Ability to understand and articulate the commercial benefits of effective risk management.
- Excellent communication, relationship management and influencing skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to analyse, present and report risk management information to senior stakeholders.