Security Architecture & Standards Lead
Join us as a Security Architecture & Standards Lead
What you'll do
- This is an opportunity to take on a technical role and make a tangible impact on our function
- You'll be able to build and maintain a wide network of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Hone your existing technical skills and advance your career in this critical, fast paced role
You'll provide end to end security response, including triage, response, escalation, and coordination of events and incidents. You'll carry out and contribute to root cause analysis on security incidents and events, conduct training and scenario planning to prepare for and anticipate future events.
You'll also be accountable for ensuring that adequate response plans, procedures and playbooks to increase consistency and effectiveness of response capability are created and maintained for all business areas.
The skills you'll need
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues, specialists and stakeholders to ensure activities relating to incident response, user access, alert monitoring, root cause analysis and scenario planning are completed in line with standard operating procedures and to a high standard
- Respond to customer queries and security events, making sure that feedback loops are in place and learn early how to improve service and response
- Proactively identify and manage risk escalation to deliver key security related customer and compliance outcomes
- Interrogate and interpret large volumes of data and understand the root cause of problems
- Create and maintain documentation, and support controls and quality assurance in line with the bank's standards
To join us in this role, you'll bring experience of security architecture design and consultancy. You'll also be able to demonstrate how you've developed and reviewed security standards for security architectures, as well as your ability to deliver security architectures and standards in cloud environments, AWS, Azure or GCP.
You'll need excellent communication skills both written and verbally, and the ability to translate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues. You should also have good collaboration and stakeholder management skills.
You'll also need:
- Experience of leading a team
- Experience in designing controls and solutions for complex environments in regulated industry's
- The ability to write technical issues in business term
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of the legal and regulatory environment
- A good understanding of Agile methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team
- Strong stakeholder management skills, incident management and security controls experience