Senior/Assistant Manager - Extended Assurance
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
Job Title: Extended Assurance - Senior/Assistant Manager Location: Edinburgh Salary Level: Competitive
EY's Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
We launched Extended Assurance as part of our Financial Services Assurance practice to provide ongoing assurance to regulators, management and directors on the execution, governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, e.g., through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. The processes require a broader set of controls than those traditionally used for Financial Statement reporting, including the requirement to address a wider suite of risks.
EY's Financial Services Extended Assurance team works with clients to provide assurance that an organisation's business activities are operating effectively in addressing these challenges. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
Join us and you'll work in a rapidly growing team on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
What we are looking for:
- We are looking for assurance professionals, who are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry. We are looking for people with banking and capital markets or wealth and asset management front to back controls knowledge, with particular interest in regulatory & prudential reporting and risk management.
- Knowledge and experience of working in a dynamic, demanding environment is essential. First-hand experience of working cross cultures / geographies will be beneficial.
- Individuals who are able to demonstrate intellect, drive and focus, and the ability to succeed at EY
- Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have the opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
What you will do:
Join EY's EMEIA Financial Services as an Extended Assurance professional and you will be expected to:
- Work on the execution of a variety of projects, including non-financial statement audits (Libor, Client Assets), regulatory driven reviews (including those performed under the UK FSMA 2000 s166 regime), regulatory reporting assurance, general business process and controls advice, as well as trading book financial remediation;
- Work in complex multi-disciplinary teams, with responsibility for the overall execution of smaller projects and / or individual components of larger projects, under the guidance and direction of Managers, Directors and Partners. This will be done by drawing on technical assurance knowledge, including accounting and regulatory framework, and industry knowledge as appropriate;
- Be flexible in your working style to encompass working both in the office, as well as client site, and potentially requiring international travel.
- Use expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm's and industry standards;
- Coach other team members, share experiences, share knowledge and generate new ideas with them.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent;
- External audit or internal controls / audit experience;
- Background in financial services, either working with financial services clients in an Assurance capacity or in industry with a blue chip employer;
- Particular industry specialism experience preferably in Banking & Capital Markets or Wealth and Asset Management.
- Experience of Risk Assurance projects is beneficial
Multiple roles are available at Senior and Assistant Manager level.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.