Senior Analyst, Wholesale Impairments
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Analyst to join us in Edinburgh
- You'll provide insight and understanding of debt and risk trends that ultimately help Executive Management manage risk against strategic objectives and appetite
- Use your accuracy and attention to detail to carry out impairment calculations across the bank and be involved in the delivery of analysis and communication to stakeholders
- Help to drive and influence one of the most important parts in the organisation's financial accounts
- Influence business decisions across the credit risk cycle and be part of a fast moving team, with a commitment to providing flexible working options and great professional development opportunities
What you'll do
Within this role you'll conduct a variety of tasks including:
- Carrying out impairment calculations
- Developing excellent reporting and value adding MI to support the impairment calculations and analysis
- Understanding the key drivers of impairment trends, whilst ensuring performance and emerging issues are communicated and understood
- Working with Finance and other key stakeholders at a more senior level to ensure trends are fully understood within the bank
The skills you'll need
We're ideally looking for you to bring experience of working in a risk area and a relevant degree level qualification or equivalent, however what is essential is your highly analytical mindset and passion for numbers and accuracy. You'll be able to identify issues and trends from varied sources, and contribute to the delivery of appropriate recommendations and solutions.
We'll look to you to bring:
- Strong numeracy skills, attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving
- A can do approach to delivery and working as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and the ability to confidently present detailed analysis effectively
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to face off to stakeholders at higher levels
- Excellent IT skills, including strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
You'll ideally have experience with SAS, though this is not essential.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.