Senior Auditor - Market and Traded Credit Risk
Join us as a Specialist Senior Auditor
What you'll do
- In this key role, you'll contribute to independent audit engagement assurance by undertaking allocated tasks within the engagement life cycle
- You'll provide quality, efficient and effective assurance and influence business managers to improve control, specialising in Prudential Risk
- This is a fast-paced and varied role which will enable you to build your network at the bank, by collaborating with a broad range of stakeholders and senior employees
As a Specialist Senior Auditor, you'll be assessing risks and controls and undertaking testing, effectively contributing to continuous monitoring by analysing MI or reviewing risk information. You'll effectively engage with business stakeholders throughout audit engagements, ensuring a good understanding of business risks and an open and effective discussion on key risks.
On top of this, you'll be contributing to discussions in order to influence the prudent management of risk, as well as leading small audit engagements, to produce effective engagement reports and opinions which successfully influence business managers to manage risk prudently within their risk appetite.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Delivering elements of a regular or complex audit engagement, and occasionally leading audit engagements
- Contributing to assurance planning and undertaking effective process mapping
- Assessing risks and controls and carry out effective testing
- Contributing to continuous monitoring by analysing MI and reviewing risk information
- Managing your own workload, making sure quality delivery on time, within scope and within budget
- Leveraging our industry leading audit methodology and tools
To be successful in this role, you'll need to demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of good risk management, as well as knowledge and experience in market and traded credit risk.
You'll need a good understanding of Market or Traded Credit Risk in financial markets or investment banking products and the relevant regulations such as CRD4, CRD5 and CRR II. You'll also bring specialist knowledge of market risk measures and methodologies including VaR, Expected Shortfall, RNIV, IRC, IDRC and Greeks.
On top of this, you'll have:
Experience of working as an Auditor within an integrated audit function
Working knowledge of building or validating risk management or pricing models
Audit, assurance or risk management experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- The ability to assess and prioritise data effectively
- A thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls
- A clear communication style, with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way