Senior Auditor, Operational Risk and Corporate Functions
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Auditor to join us in Edinburgh
- This is an excellent opportunity to join our Internal Audit function within the Risk and Finance team
- You'll be auditing Operational Risk as well as elements of the banks corporate functions, including Corporate Governance and Regulatory Affairs, Communications & Marketing and Legal
- You'll develop your existing knowledge and experience of risk and Internal Audit, and learn about the key activities of the Risk function
- You'll also gain exposure to senior business and internal audit stakeholders in this high impact role
What you'll do
In this role, you'll provide robust, challenging insight and assistance on key audits. You'll use your platform to make a significant impact and influence our business managers to ensure they lead in a risk conscious way.
You'll also be:
- Working with the wider team in mapping out processes and assessing risks and controls
- Gaining a real insight into the control environment by visiting business areas and establishing how to test effectively
- Analysing and reviewing risk information, helping to identify key business risks and working in collaboration to produce a final report
- Compiling your findings into a high quality document, which will provide important insight to business heads to adequately manage their risks
- Gaining experience in project management, where you'll drive the delivery of efficient and effective assurance
- Having open and effective discussions on key risks, engaging with business stakeholders, and on occasion, coaching auditors
- Sometimes leading on engagements which may be complex in nature
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced internal auditor to join us in this role. Along with your auditing experience, you'll have sound analytical skills and the ability to assess and prioritise effectively, quickly establishing what's important. You'll also need a strong understanding of principles of good risk management, with a thorough grounding in monitoring and testing effective controls.
Your team will also be responsible for auditing the risks associated with implementing ring-fencing across the bank and therefore experience in auditing projects and large scale change would be advantageous.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Sound knowledge of operational risk, particularly how an effective operational risk framework operates in a large financial institution
- A good understanding of the regulatory environment
- Excellent communication skills paired with the ability to translate concepts in a clear and concise way
- Confidence in managing relationships with business stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.