Senior BA (IFRS9 Analytics)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Role: Senior Business Analyst (IFRS9 Analytics) Location: Edinburgh, Scotland (flexible, homeworking options available) Duration: 3 months (with extensions likely) Type: Ltd Rate: DOE
Role: Senior Business Analyst (IFRS9 Analytics)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland (flexible, homeworking options available)
Duration: 3 months (with extensions likely)
IFRS 9 Financial Instruments is the most significant risk and accounting change since the initial adoption of IFRS, and one of the most significant changes in credit risk measurement since Basel II.
IFRS 9 is a HSBC Group flagship initiative, with strong visibility at Board level and offers an excellent opportunity for individual development and career progression. It involves facing off to numerous areas of the bank and working together to produce Impairment provisions which ultimately get reported into the financial statements.
The Senior Business Analyst role will report to the Global IFRS 9 Analytics Lead and assist in providing oversight to support the aggregation, review and deep dive analysis of IFRS9 Impairment risk numbers. As the team matures the role will require management of direct reports.
- Understanding of IFRS 9 and the IFRS 9 impairment process or alternatively of RWA/stress testing processes
- Understanding of financial reporting controls and sox processes
- Ability to a provide a proactive focus on risk/issue identification and mitigation, recognising where MI should be escalated for further review
- ACA or ACCA or CISI or CSA qualified, relevant professional qualification, or relevant advanced degree