Senior Compliance Manager, Standards & Insights - Fixed Term Contract
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
See job description for details
Join us as a Senior Compliance Manager for Standards & Insights in Edinburgh
- This is an opportunity for a passionate and driven leader with knowledge and understanding of the PRA rules relating to ICB ring-fencing requirements, to join us in Standards & Insights until March 2019
- You'll be supporting the development and embedding of our compliance and conduct risk framework, with a focus on the framework for compliance with PRA rules relating to ICB ring-fencing requirements, while independently overseeing and challenging management of risks and controls
- Hone your existing leadership skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll work with the Head of Standards & Insights to develop and deliver the bank-wide ICB Compliance framework in order to ensure bank-wide regulatory and conduct compliance. You'll shape, define and simplify the reporting of ICB Compliance Risk to the bank board and various executive risk committees. You'll build and maintain strong relationships across all three lines of defence to ensure a consistent approach to ICB compliance across the bank, sharing learnings and insights.
Day to day, you'll be:
- Developing and embedding the ICB Compliance framework and relevant tools and mechanisms to be deployed in supporting effective regulatory compliance with ICB ring-fencing requirements across the bank
- Providing regulatory compliance and conduct insight in respect of PRA rules relating to ICB ring-fencing, oversight and challenge
- Contributing to the assessment of the compliance strategy for the relevant business units to ensure it's consistent with and supports an effective regulatory framework through the provision of advice, guidance and effective reporting
- Providing regulatory advice and analysis in relation to ICB ring-fencing to ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Supporting the identification of potential or actual compliance risks and ensuring appropriate escalation, remediation and mitigation to manage risks back within appetite
The skills you'll need
You'll need strong experience in a compliance, conduct or risk management role, with the ability to manage and influence business stakeholders. You should also have experience of the regulatory environment and frameworks with specific subject matter expertise in PRA rules relating to ICB ring-fencing requirements.
You'll also need:
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant financial services regulations and risk management principles
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Risk operating environment, associated policies, procedures and protocols
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Proven organisational and planning skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.