Senior Data Governance Analyst - London or Edinburgh
The Senior Analyst will play a key role in contributing, embedding and maintaining the strategic FNZ Data Governance framework. The position will drive the maturing Data governance roadmap to ensure it is widely acknowledged and executed.
This position will involve consultancy as subject matter expert, leadership of business work streams and the proactive identification, reporting, management and resolution of requirements, solutions, risks and issues throughout the full project lifecycle.
The Senior Analyst should have a detailed knowledge and experience of data governance best practice and data privacy requirements. It will also require dynamic leadership of project work streams and close interaction with business owners, sponsors, senior leadership team, the Board and committees.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant proven experience in data governance practices
- Experience in data governance and related functions
- Ability to prioritise and execute against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for delivery
- Track record of delivering against tight timescales in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, multi-tasking skills and a 'can do attitude'
- Ability to work in an analytical environment, identifying / anticipating issues and taking accountability for mitigating actions
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Working experience with global teams and functions
This is a business facing role and requires the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels. Experience Required:
- 5 + years' experience in a Data Governance role.
- Relevant professional qualification is desirable
- Significant experience in leading the delivery ofdata governance projects
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation including GDPR, privacy and information security industry standards and best practice and practical experience of their implementation in a business context
- Previous experience of the financial services industry is desirable
- Relevant IT skills required
- Good communication and persuasive skills
- Experience of managing stakeholders to executive levels
- Strong leadership skills. Responsible for providing support and guidance to 2 x Data Governance Analyst
- Driving several Data governance project consecutively