Senior Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Specialist
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Oct 18
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) Specialist to join us in Edinburgh or London
- As an experienced AML investigations practitioner you'll ensure the execution of in-depth and high quality money laundering and terrorist financing investigations, and maintain oversight of relevant investigations undertaken by the team
- You'll lead the most complex and high priority investigations, and identify enhancements to the Financial Crime (FC) control framework
- You'll lead and develop a number of specialist investigators to facilitate delivery of team objectives to the highest standards
What you'll do
You'll plan, lead and manage the investigation of complex, significant, sensitive and high priority money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) cases impacting the bank. You'll also oversee the production of high quality reports.
Engaging with FIU colleagues and divisions as required to effectively investigate relevant customers, you'll ensure the bank's FC prevention responsibilities are complied with. You'll also plan, prepare and publish an analytical summary of investigation results and actionable recommendations.
As well as this, your role will involve:
- Working with the customer to ensure that the product meets their needs
- Working with and developing colleagues to expand the FIU's reach into the business, and help improve the overall knowledge of ML/TF risks across the bank
- Managing allocated relationships with key ML/TF stakeholders both internally and externally, acting as the single point of contact for these stakeholders in respect of the FIU and RBS
- Driving development and innovation enhance the efficiency in the bank in relation to ML/TF investigations
- Collecting and assessing internal and external intelligence and information, and using this to detect individuals and groups of customers who are potentially engaged in ML or TF
- Conducting and documenting targeted and thorough investigations into customers and the activity seen on their bank accounts
The skills you'll need
We're looking for an experienced investigations practitioner with well developed investigative skills, ideally with a focus on financial investigations. You'll also demonstrate a proven track record of conducting and overseeing money laundering and terrorist financing investigations, preferably within the banking industry.
You'll have well developed knowledge of financial crime modus operandi, money laundering and terrorist financing techniques. You'll also have experience identifying, assessing and mitigating business risks.
As well as this, you'll demonstrate:
- Experience of interacting with external bodies, regulatory and law enforcement agencies, and an effective communication style
- Strong report writing skills.
- Experience developing and maintaining criminal-related information and intelligence
- An awareness of industry initiatives and global legislation and regulation related to ML/TF
- Confidence when having potentially challenging conversations, and the ability to work effectively with key stakeholders
- An awareness of bank's systems and processes, ideally with knowledge of commercial and private banking processes and systems
- A passion for detecting and preventing financial crime
You'll also ideally hold an Anti Money Laundering (AML) qualification such as a Diploma in AML, or from the Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS).
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.