Senior Organisation Development Consultant
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom Edinburgh Scotland GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Senior Organisation Development Consultant
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and dedication of our people, and we are looking for a Senior Organisation Development (OD) Consultant to join our Global Organisation Development team within the Global HR Division in Edinburgh or Poznan.
What is the Organisation Development team responsible for?
The Global Organisation Development (OD) team diagnoses issues that get in the way of performance (culture, systems, structure) on an enterprise, team and lesser so at an individual level. The team is fluent in talent management solutions and programmes (performance, development offerings, talent calibration, etc.) and how to leverage them as a response to systemic opportunities and issues, in partnership with other HR colleagues and Centre Of Expertise Programme Owners.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Organisation Development Consultant?
- Assessment, Design & Development; partners with HR global colleagues (e.g HR Consultants, HR Business Partners, Talent Development) to assess business problems and recommends solutions.
- Plays a key role in the discovery phase of work to define the root problem to solve and recommend solutions.
- Designs and develops solutions that primarily focus on OD issues, such as leadership effectiveness, team effectiveness, organizational design needs, organizational culture and change management.
- Solution Implementation & Evaluation; provide a variety of OD products and services to clients throughout the organization as assigned.
- Facilitates team building, business planning and group process interventions as needed. Support other facilitators in designing and preparing for sessions when needed.
- Monitors reaction and impact measures, evaluates the solution's effectiveness, and implements changes as necessary.
- Project Management; serves as a project resource on global and business unit specific OD initiatives, HR projects or programs.
- Manages and participates in Talent Management campaigns such as to refresh job family content, assess competencies required in roles, evaluate talent, plan for succession.
- Plays a change advisory roles for HR led changes impacting the business
- Coaching Other FTI Employees; serves as a 'Leaders In Transition Program' partner (and ideally if a certified coach) joins the coaching pool for the 'Strategic Leader Program' .
- Provides regular coaching, mentoring and education on OD subject matter to others in HR.
- Researches internal and external OD trends, tools, and practices
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Strong Organisation Development experience
- Experience in interacting, consulting and facilitating work with executives and senior leaders
- ICF or equivalent accredited coach certification preferred but not essential
- MA/MS in Organisational Development, Adult Learning Theory, Training & Development, or Human Resource Development, Industrial/Organisational Psychology preferred.
- Organisational design and development certifications
- Psychometric Assessment certifications (e.g. Hogan, MBTI)
- In-depth knowledge of OD theories, methodologies, and organization, development tools/processes.
- Excellent group process design and facilitation skills; able to diffuse high-tension situations comfortably.
- Solid and demonstrable Project Management experience and seasoned change management practitioner.
- Strong ability to identify and solve complex problems, make decisions independently with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Solid understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, changing business requirements, and shifting roles from project manager to team member.
- Ability to negotiate with and propose strategies to senior level management.
- Successful at cultivating and maintaining interpersonal relationships and collaboration at all levels within HR and across global business units.
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include - contributory pension scheme, private healthcare plan, PHI, life insurance, Employee Stock Investment Program, incentive plans, purchase of company funds with no sales charge, educational reimbursement and on-site training.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive working environment if you have a flexible working arrangement within your current role please let us know within your application or cover letter so that this can be considered during the hiring process and we will aim to replicate where possible