- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18
Senior Project Manager
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, United KingdomThis role requires to travel to the US and Brussels few times a year.
The senior project manager (PM) is expected to manage medium to large-sized Projects and/or Programs that are medium to high-complexity, broad in scope, interdependent, and have medium to long term implementation time frames. The PM works closely with product owners, architects, engineers, vendors/partners, and line of business stakeholders to deliver technology solutions in support of Moody's strategic and tactical initiatives. Primary focus for a PM is to manage control scope, timeline, cost, risk, and communications throughout the project lifecycle in accordance to Moody's internal project management framework.
- Team member role reports directly to Infrastructure PMO Program Manager.
- Participates in Moody's organizational events such as Quarterly Offsite and Team Meetings.
- Represent the values of Moody's and MIT as a professional organization and individually demonstrate professionalism and respect to their team and stakeholders.
- Continuously improve project management methodologies used within Moody's IT.
- Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and in the softer skills of team dynamics, team building and group motivation.
- Initially, part of a project team to deliver a large infrastructure integration project on time, budget, and scope. Specifically, this will include:
- Management of remote site infrastructure and circuit deployment
- Co-ordination of the testing and commissioning of the remote infrastructure
- Management of an application migration process, moving applications from within a data centre into a cloud environment
- Management of the decommission of two datacentres (-post application migration)
- Oversee/manage all phases of projects from initiation to closure with full adherence and alignment with Moody's internal project management framework.
- Develop / track/ manage required project documentation and provide reporting cadence and distribution structure aligned with stakeholder expectations.
- Align and combine mutually exclusive projects into programs where applicable.
- Ensure deliverables meet quality requirements and are clearly documented.
- Develop and assign resourcing to activities, monitor performance.
- Manage escalations, project/scope/requirement changes, and RAID logs to ensure adequate attention to impediments with potential impact to time/quality/resources.
Manage communications to all levels of stakeholders, proper issue tracking/reporting, and stakeholder validation of project progress / new business.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead efforts to communicate and implement them.
- Participate in group portfolio planning and prioritization efforts and accurately capture and communicate project priorities.
- Participate in vendor selection processes (including RFPs and Pricing) and manage against deliverables (including SOWs, change management, approval of deliverables).
- Partner with stakeholders to identify areas of improvement to increase customer satisfaction and decrease incidents / requests
Mentor and help to develop less experienced Project Managers
Individual Performance Measurement Criteria
- Timely delivery of projects against target completion dates
- Project artifact maintenance and phase gate reviews
- Evidence of Process Improvements within the Infrastructure PMO Organization on assigned and unassigned work
- Effective use of communication and engagement to various audiences measured through customer feedback
- Customer and stakeholder satisfaction measured through the use of surveys
- Quality and effectiveness of the delivery of projects through the use of key performance indicators
Technical and Work Skills
P1 - Introductory
P2 - Basic
P3 - Experienced
P4 - Advanced
P5 - Expert
P3 - Proficiency Rated Skills:
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to lead and collaboratively work with various stakeholders
- Delivering Presentation to various audiences, including Senior Management
- Recognized Project Management Methodology and Processes
- Change Management
- Multi-Stakeholder Management
P2 - Proficiency Rated Skills:
- IT Service Management Platforms
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies as required through project management
- Understanding of various Project Management methodologies (i.e., Waterfall, RUP, Scrum)
- Experience managing a Program
Infrastructure Services PMO
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 5+ years of project management experience in a related industry, specifically with technology infrastructure integration
- Proven track record of being detail-oriented in project management with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through
- Project management, Process Improvement or Quality certifications required
- Managing project budgets and reporting
- Proven leadership abilities across all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Strong process orientation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and a firm commitment to quality
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.