Senior SIEM Engineer
- Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 25 May 19
Senior SIEM Engineer
Monday 27 May 2019
£49,608 - £55,120
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
As a Senior SIEM Engineer you will be responsible for the delivery of key services within the Intelligence & Incident Response function. This consists of:
o\tTechnical support and development of the SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) toolsets
o\tService Level Management, and
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're building the bank of the future and developing the next generation of digital banking solutions securely.
Are you looking to develop your career and your skills to the next level? Then this is the role for you.
We provide a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic environment where you can expect to find your skills fully utilised in a range of technologies and cybersecurity areas. We expect and encourage you to develop and evolve in an evolving cyber landscape both personally and professionally. We provide a nurturing and supportive environment whatever level you join us. We offer a competitive package to ensure you are rewarded appropriately
You will be joining a fast-paced, agile team, who are leading the way in the IT Cyber Security industry. LBG are investing significantly in this field - you will responsible for the delivery of key services within the Cyber Security team. You will be actively involved in the exploitation of our toolsets to shape and enhance these services, improving the overall security posture of LBG.
What we'll need from you:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing and configuring any SIEM toolset (e.g. Splunk).
- Ability to interpret use cases and configure threat monitoring rules in the relevant SIEM tool
- Knowledge of any scripting languages (Python, Perl, Shell, VBA etc )
- Diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
- Awareness of Cyber Security industry related best practice
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and underlying network protocols.
- Good understanding of other technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS).
You will be encouraged to broaden your security industry knowledge by leveraging the existing SME knowledge in the team, and by attending internal and external events, all of which is part of the investment you can expect as a cyber security expert in LBG.
The Reward Package includes:
- A performance related bonus
- A generous pension contribution
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Private Health cover
- 4% Flexible benefit cash pot you can shape to fit your lifestyle
- Share schemes including free shares
- Discounted products and discounted high street shopping
So if you have the skills and experience we are looking for we welcome your application.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.