Senior Salesforce Engineer
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
Within Customer Technology we lack a depth of Salesforce knowledge amongst our permanent resources and have relied heavily on 3rd parties. This is a crucial role looking for the right candidate to work closely with the Salesforce Tech Lead to drive best practices across our studio, help develop the community of Salesforce engineers, transform the engineering capability to deliver safely and efficiently and be a strong experienced safe pair of hands to help build out against our Salesforce roadmap.
- 5+ years' experience in Apex development developing custom applications on Salesforce Platform
- Salesforce experience in developing Triggers, Apex controllers, VF Pages, process builders, flows etc.
- Great customization and configuration skills including team management, technical design creation.
- Technical expertise on Release Process and automated CI/CD pipelines of salesforce code through path to production.
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices
- Experience integrating Salesforce into security tooling within build pipelines, preferably Checkmarx.
- Experience with API integrations into Salesforce platform.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to give optional solutions
- Ability to communicate with our internal customers and provide consultation on Salesforce solutions
- Willing to demonstrate, drive and document best practices across the Salesforce engineering community.
Certifications (ideally)Certifications (ideally)
- Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- We feel proud of our team culture, and are looking for those who share our values: openness, accountability, customer-focus, empowerment and improvement
- We are in a transformation environment; to thrive in this role, it is important to be resilient to and embrace change.
Recruiter: Frazer Wilson
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things