At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our M&G Employee Assistance Programme (EAP). If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support. The Role:
We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. We're working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. As part of this exciting transformation we are looking for Salesforce developers to work with us in Edinburgh.
We promote a supportive, diversified, international environment with an engineering culture we're proud of. We encourage personal growth and invest in open-minded engineers keen on learning, who continuously try to make things better. Key Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
As a Salesforce developer you will be working within cross functional teams to deliver new customer features within M&G. You will help to advance the M&G Salesforce community through sharing of best practice, mentoring others, building technical designs and helping to define business requirements. Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- You want to take a key role on our teams and help us deliver awesome features
- You have been working within a team using Salesforce to deliver value for your customers and have great customisation and configuration skills and ideally, are familiar with Salesforce Experience Cloud.
- You have experience of Apex development, understand how to develop secure Salesforce applications and strive to deliver the simplest solution.
- You are good at troubleshooting and finding optimal solutions .
- You understand Agile practices like Scrum and Kanban, and Salesforce DevOps principles, and have practical experience of at least one.
- You love collaboration and want to practice techniques like pair programming or mobbing and want to actively engage with our engineering community on defining standards and guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- 5+ years' experience in Apex development developing custom applications on Salesforce Platform
- Salesforce experience in developing Triggers, Apex controllers, VF Pages, process builders, flows etc.
- Great customization and configuration skills including team management, technical design creation.
- Technical expertise on Release Process and automated CI/CD pipelines of salesforce code through path to production.
- Design and build high-performance, reusable, and reliable Apex code with best practices
- Experience integrating Salesforce into security tooling within build pipelines, preferably Checkmarx.
- Experience with API integrations into Salesforce platform.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to give optional solutions
- Ability to communicate with our internal customers and provide consultation on Salesforce solutions
- Willing to demonstrate, drive and document best practices across the Salesforce engineering community.
For information - these are some of the frameworks, tools and technologies in our stack, but other experience is welcome:
- Salesforce: Einstein, Experience Cloud, Apex
- We integrate to Salesforce with Java microservices via Apigee
- Azure DevOps for Repos, CI and Release pipelines.
- Checkmarx for security scanning on Apex code
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things